I know I rarely blog anymore (well, I do blog, but it’s all for AIRMATIC or Worcester Roller Derby these days) but I wanted to continue tradition and post my annual birthday list! I turned 28 today, so this year’s list is 8 things I did this year that I’d never done before. Enjoy!
- Joined a roller derby league. This has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I am learning a ton, getting my ass kicked, and having a freaking blast. The women I skate with are fabulous and I couldn’t ask for better teammates. Love you awesome nerds! (Watch a video of me getting low and hitting hard here!)
- Went skydiving. At this year’s annual Cape Cod vacation, Tyler, Em, and I went skydiving together. Few moments in my life measure up to the feeling of stepping out of a plane at 10,000 feet into the open air and just letting go. What a rush! (It didn’t hurt that my instructor screamed “Alohomora!” as our parachute opened. #memories)
- Sold a house. Jordan and I put our house on the market back in May and it was under contract within 12 hours. Can’t beat that!
- Got a Harry Potter tattoo. I could write a book about how much Harry Potter means to me, but suffice to say that I am quite a fan. Until the very end, Harry.
- Finished writing a novel. That’s right, I finished the book I wrote about in last year’s blog! Yay! I’ve not done anything with it since finishing, but maybe this year I’ll finish final edits and look into publishing!
- Binge watched the following shows: Game of Thrones, Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds, Longmire, The 100, The Mysteries of Laura, Sirens, Great British Bake-Off, Person of Interest, Diners Drive-Ins & Dives, Duff Till Dawn, Bob’s Burgers, Fuller House, Dance Academy, Zoo, Battle Creek, Degrassi: Next Class, Zero Hour, White Collar, Melissa & Joey, Young & Hungry, Bones, FRIENDS, Leverage.
- Read novels by the following authors: J K Rowling (10), Steven King (6), Barbara Kingsolver (4), Jodi Picoult (6), Harper Lee, Phillippa Gregory (5), Cassandra Clare (9), Amy Poehler, Pete Wentz, Haven Kimmel (2), Cormac McCarthy, Sue Monk Kidd, Carol Goodman, Carolyn Keene (3), William Brodrick, plus 900 children’s books (give or take.)
- Wore silk pants. Yeah, last year’s birthday resolution was a good one. I wore silk pants, fishnets under denim shorts, shoes with cats on them, crop tops (even though my post-Atticus belly button is a hot mess, floor-length fundie-style skirts, and a plethora of Harry-Potter themed garments. I wore what made me happy and it was a great decision. #noregrets
Here’s to 28; may it be even better than 27!